Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas

Christmas is only 9 days away. The weather man on the news today said there is no chance of snow for Christmas. How that bums me out..... I really like snow because it helps "believe in the magic of Christmas". I like to watch those movies where it always seems that everyone is happy on Christmas and then the snow starts to fall. Only in the movies....

Today here it is rainy & kinda warm, low 50's, sure doesn't seem like December. I can remember when I was younger that it seemed to always snow around Christmas. Boy, things have changed, not only doesn't it snow the people at the stores are so intense, they aren't friendly anymore. I was in a store the other day and turned the corner at the end of an aisle and nearly collided with some lady, I told her I was sorry and she said it was nice that someone spoke to her finally because she was in the store for over and hour and not one single person said a word to her. I said it's sad that people are in such big rushes that they no longer have time to be friendly and speak to anyone. We each agreeded that the spirit of Christmas is no longer in today's society, that everyone seems to either be grumpy or just not sociable. Sometimes I wish we could go back in time to enjoy the sights and sounds of Christmas. People nowadays seen more like Grinches and always in a hurry. Don't they know the expression: "stop to smell the roses". Sometimes it takes for something to happen before people realise that there's more to life than rushing around.

Now I guess I'll get off my soapbox and tell you......
Until next time................"SMELL THE ROSES" Enjoy this Christmas Season...